Commissary Route Driver
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 9, 2022
Hey there, we’re Foxtrot.
Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened 20+ retail stores in Chicago, DC Dallas, and Austin, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is looking for a professional, courteous and speedy driver to join our Commissary team, delivering our food program goods to all our Chicago-land stores.
If you enjoy navigating the city, operating a commercial vehicle safely and interacting with great people, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Both 1st & 2nd Shift Available
- Organize, check and stock all inbound inventory
- Coordinate with the dispatch team for on call deliveries
- Maintain the commissary loading dock includes cleaning, sweeping, organizing round trip totes.
- Label and sort goods and materials as needed for delivery to stores.
- Maintain proper storage of the warehouse.
- Breakdown boxes, consolidate pallets, generate space for new incoming orders.
- Check store deliveries accurately into our inventory system
- Collect materials from stores that belong to commissary
- Conduct routine van maintenance includes cleaning, vacuuming, checking fluids, etc.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Follow all commissary regulations.
- Follow proper rotation procedures.
- Consistently perform with the utmost sense of urgency.
- Be a team player—support and assist your fellow team members whenever possible.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be 18+
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record is required along with commitment to safe & courteous driving.
- Familiarity with and comfort navigating in & around the city
- 1-3 years of commercial driving experience
- Must meet local/state food safety certification standards & adhere with all food safety & sanitation procedures.
- Proven ability to provide punctual and reliable delivery services
- Flexibility availability, including weekends & holidays
- Ability to remain mobile throughout shift, from driving to moving product into / out of vehicle for deliveries that includes ability to stand, lift, stoop & bend for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to regularly lift 25 pounds, and up to 50 pounds at certain timesMust be able to speak and listen to staff and managers for instructions.
- Able to work independently
And we couldn't round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right?
Medical, Dental & Vision.
Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
401(k) Plan with an Annual Company Match.
Paid Sick Leave.
20% Employee Discount on All Foxtrot Purchases.
Complimentary Family Meal Daily.
Employee Assistance Programs.
Holiday Premium Pay.
Merit Increases & Incentive Pay Programs.
Growth & Advancement Opportunities.
Foxtrot Swag, Fun Product Sampling, Giveaways and more!
1st Shift and no food production on Sunday - majority of commissary team is able to enjoy this day off
Referral bonus program
* program & eligibility rules do apply
Foxtrot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.