We are a Chicago-based technology startup that is leading a new way forward for prescription care. We’re rethinking the pharmaceutical supply chain, introducing AI-driven marketplaces that drive down costs, and new consumer tools that guide decisions on care. Led by a team of industry experts, we’re fixing the high costs and broken experiences that define our pharmaceutical supply chain. We believe that better pricing, more information, and smarter tools can lower costs, empower consumers and help payers take control of their pharmacy benefits. The technology we’re building is the start of a new way of working together – making better outcomes possible for all.
Waltz Health Values
- Integrity: We are committed to protecting the value of clinical care across the pharmaceutical system. We are truthful and honest in our commitments with all our partners.
- Inclusion: We advocate for change that benefits us all, a smarter system that works together. We embrace our differences as well as the unique perspectives our employees and partners bring with them.
- Access: We are focused on breaking down barriers to bring choice back to the healthcare experience. We want to help all our partners get the right prescription care at the right cost.
- Accountability: We take ownership of the quality of our work and the outcomes we deliver. Our focus is on delivering a best-in-class experience for our partners while achieving bold targets.
- Progress: We believe in moving healthcare forward in everything we do. We strive for a culture that is innovating better ways to deliver pharmaceutical care.
Waltz Health is looking for a Front End Developer to build our consumer-facing experiences. Curiosity and a desire to learn will be critical to success in this role. As a front-end developer, you will work closely with Waltz leaders to build a market-leading set of applications at the core of our marketplace platform.
You will work closely with our technology and product management team to define and develop consumer-facing applications across desktop, mobile, and digital channels. This role is ideal for someone looking to make a meaningful contribution to healthcare and wanting to be part of an exciting start-up journey.
You will primarily be focused on the following:
- Leading consumer-facing (web and mobile) application development for our cash card products.
- Working across the technology and business organizations to ensure requirements are well understood such that we can have a continuous development roadmap
- Providing L3/L4 support as user issues are escalated
- Reviewing all customer feedback to enhance our ongoing roadmap
- Working with clients as required for custom requirements
In the first 90 days, you will:
- Learn the Waltz platform and related applications
- Ensure roadmap items are well articulated for immediate enhancements – and can be developed
- Lead development of our consumer-facing applications focused on delivering market-leading web and mobile experiences.
You will be successful because you have these skills and traits:
- 2+ years of experience in a full-time development role. Academic projects and side projects may be considered as well.
- Experience using React (strongly desired).
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with some of the following languages, but this is not required: .Net Core, Java, Python
- A partial, unordered list of additionally useful skills includes CSS3, HTML5, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Strong Agile experience preferred in an environment leveraging DevOps patterns and practices.
- Extensive familiarity with content engines and related integration.
- Expert in performance analysis and management for web/mobile front-end applications.
- Exposure and fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Flexible with job roles and responsibilities – i.e., be willing to jump into new projects and have a scrappy start-up mentality.
- A clear communicator comfortable working with all levels of the organization.
- Thrive working independently and autonomously and can adapt to changing needs of a growing company.
- Able to think effectively, critically, and creatively.
- Chicago required as the job is a hybrid position
You have these qualifications:
- Bachelor (required)
- Masters (preferred)
- Exposure and fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Azure (preferred)
- Elastic search experience preferred
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Ground floor opportunity with one of the fastest-growing startups in health tech.
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful stock options.
- Flexible vacation and a work culture that allows for taking time to recharge.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, commuter benefits, and more.