Full Stack Developer
We are a Chicago-based technology startup that is leading a new way forward for prescription care. We’re rethinking the pharmaceutical supply chain, introducing AI-driven marketplaces that drive down costs, and new consumer tools that guide decisions on care. Led by a team of industry experts, we’re fixing the high costs and broken experiences that define our pharmaceutical supply chain. We believe that better pricing, more information, and smarter tools can lower costs, empower consumers and help payers take control of their pharmacy benefits. The technology we’re building is the start of a new way of working together – making better outcomes possible for all.
Waltz Health Values
- Integrity: We are committed to protecting the value of clinical care across the pharmaceutical system. We are truthful and honest in our commitments with all our partners.
- Inclusion: We advocate for change that benefits us all, a smarter system that works together. We embrace our differences as well as the unique perspectives our employees and partners bring with them.
- Access: We are focused on breaking down barriers to bring choice back to the healthcare experience. We want to help all our partners get the right prescription care at the right cost.
- Accountability: We take ownership of the quality of our work and the outcomes we deliver. Our focus is on delivering a best-in-class experience for our partners while achieving bold targets.
- Progress: We believe in moving healthcare forward in everything we do. We strive for a culture that is innovating better ways to deliver pharmaceutical care.
Waltz Health is looking for a brilliant Full Stack Software Engineer to develop applications for our platform. Curiosity and a desire to learn will be critical to success in this role. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be working very closely with Waltz leaders to build a market leading set of applications at the core of our marketplace platform.
You will work closely with our entire technology and product management team to define and develop web and back-end applications core to our platform. This role is ideal for someone who is looking to make a meaningful contribution in healthcare and would like to be part of an exciting start up journey.
You will be reporting to the Sr. Director, Enterprise Architecture and Data. You will:
- Lead application development for our cash card products.
- Work across the technology and business organizations to ensure requirements are well understood such that we can have a continuous development roadmap.
- Provide L3/L4 support as user issues are escalated.
- Review all customer feedback to enhance our ongoing roadmap.
- Work with clients as required for custom requirements.
You will be successful because you have these skills:
- 3+ years of experience in a full-time development role. Academic projects and/or side projects may be considered as well.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Experience using React is strongly desired.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with some of the following languages (although not required): .Net Core, Java, Python.
- A partial, unordered list of additionally useful skills includes CSS3, HTML5, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Strong Agile experience preferred in an environment leveraging devops patterns and practices.
- Have a deep understanding of SQL database technologies (PostGres, preferred).
- Have a deep understanding of market leading scripting technologies (Python, preferred).
- Exposure and fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Azure (preferred).
You'll love our culture because you:
- Are enthusiastic, positive, and hardworking.
- Are flexible with job roles and responsibilities – i.e. be willing to jump into new projects and have a scrappy start-up mentality.
- Are a clear communicator who is comfortable working with all levels of the organization.
- Thrive working independently, autonomously and can adapt to changing needs of a growing company.
- Are able to think effectively, critically and creatively.
- Live in the US and are willing to travel.
In the first 90 days, you will:
- Learning the Waltz platform and related applications.
- Ensure roadmap items are well articulated for immediate enhancements – and can be developed.
- Lead development of front and back end applications focused on data ingestion, cleansing, transformation and pricing.
You have these qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Masters preferred
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Ground floor opportunity with one of the fastest-growing startups in health tech.
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful stock options.
- Flexible vacation and a work culture that allows for taking time to recharge.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, commuter benefits, and more.