Sr. Director, Total Rewards
Who we are
Transcarent is the One Place for health and care. We cut through the complexity, making it easy for people to access high-quality, affordable care. With a personalized app tailored for each Member, an on-demand care team, and a connected ecosystem of high-quality, in-person care and virtual point solutions, Transcarent eliminates the guesswork to confidently guide Members to the right level of care. We take accountability for results – offering at-risk pricing models and transparent impact reporting to align incentives towards measurably better experience, better health, and lower costs. At Transcarent, you will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
About this role
We're looking for an experienced and proven leader to join as our Senior Director of Total Rewards and Human Resources Operations. Reporting to our Chief People Officer, you will drive Transcarent’s success by bringing your Benefits and Total Rewards expertise to our HR leadership team and helping us scale. You will utilize and combine your prior high growth company experience, quantitative rigor, business mindset, and communication skills to understand our business priorities, oversee and evolve our internal HR processes and platforms, design optimal total rewards programs, and align with our performance management practices. You will be a trusted advisor to our C-suite and a critical leader in the Human Resources team.
At Transcarent, health and care are our business. As such, our leader of Total Rewards has an expanded role. You will partner with key business leaders to drive partnerships and collaborations that evolve the future of healthcare in America. You must understand the full entirety of our business, products and services to ensure that we are leading the way internally for our clients and members to learn from an emulate externally. Being a heads down TR leader will not suffice in this role. You must be an active and creative solutions driven business leader who can approach health and care from all angles and drive our business accordingly.
What you’ll do
- Drive Transcarent’s Benefits and Compensation philosophy and practices; ensure alignment with our rapid business growth and HR priorities.
- Internal thought leader and pioneer of pilot programs for innovative benefits approaches and execution.
- Leader of cross functional Benefits Committee to drive alignment, prioritization, and innovation within our business.
- Actively partner with internal Transcarent Product and Platform leaders.
- Drive analytical rigor and deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing programs; establish and drive key metrics including usage, engagement, and cost analyses.
- Innovate and react quickly as business and market realities change, staying up to date on best practices and trends; ensure compliance with applicable legislation.
- Lead change management and communications of Total Rewards philosophy and practices with managers, team members, and across the People Team.
- Lead the team through regular benchmarking cycles to analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and best practices to create market competitive reward packages.
- Drive our Benefits, Compensation, and Operational approach as related to both organic and in-organic growth of our company.
- Lead our People Operations team to enable programs and projects scale in the most impactful and sustainable way.
- Lead all aspects of our HRIS systems and processes that may include evaluation and implementation of other systems and tools, optimization of HR workflows, and business system adoption.
- Build strong partnerships with the HRBP, Talent, Payroll, Legal, Stock, Platform leaders, Finance and Accounting teams and our 3rd-party vendors.
- Strategize with the Talent Acquisition team to develop competitive offers rooted in market data and aligned with our compensation philosophy for new hires and existing employees.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years’ experience in Compensation and Benefits, including Benefits leadership, Equity design, planning, M&A, compensation strategy and evolving strategies due to acceleration of the organization.
- Extensive exposure to building and successfully executing Compensation, Total Rewards strategies for hyper-growth technology companies.
- Track record of effectively partnering with a Board/Compensation Committee and internal senior stakeholders.
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and ability to build and manage budgets, models, etc.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects with a strong operational background.
- Proven record in strategy and execution of People Operations including HRIS and processes.
- Hands-on leader. You're resourceful, forward-thinking, drawn to building from ambiguous and unsolved problems and have an "own the outcome" mindset.
- You devote time to and are passionate about educating, mentoring and teaching partners the values and business impact behind total rewards and comprehensive HR processes.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.