Senior Data Scientist
Who we are
Transcarent is the One Place for health and care. We cut through the complexity, making it easy for people to access high-quality, affordable care. With a personalized app tailored for each Member, an on-demand care team, and a connected ecosystem of high-quality, in-person care and virtual point solutions, Transcarent eliminates the guesswork to confidently guide Members to the right level of care. We take accountability for results – offering at-risk pricing models and transparent impact reporting to align incentives towards measurably better experience, better health, and lower costs. At Transcarent, you will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
About this role
The Senior Data Scientist will play a pivotal role in our Data Science team, reporting directly to the Head of Data Science and collaborating closely with other data scientists, medical coding specialists, solutions managers, and digital marketing specialists. In this role, you will be responsible for researching, developing, and deploying machine learning algorithms aimed at identifying and prioritizing needs for various medical services. Additionally, you will optimize outreach efforts to enhance member engagement, promote utilization of medically appropriate services, and reduce churn and acquisition costs.
What you’ll do
- Machine Learning Algorithm Development:
- Research, create, and deploy advanced machine learning algorithms to identify and prioritize medical service needs, optimizing outreach efforts for increased member engagement.
- Medical Code Proficiency:
- Utilize expertise in medical codes, including ICD-10, CPT, PCS, along with non-medical data like SDoH and digital marketing data.
- Collaboration with Data Engineering and Product Teams:
- Work closely with Data Engineering and Product teams to develop robust pipelines for data acquisition and model deployment.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making:
- Advocate for data-driven decision-making by collaborating with stakeholders to translate business needs into data science questions.
- Promotion of Data-Centric Culture:
- Serve as a data science advocate across the organization, assisting business leaders in understanding data science capabilities, identifying new use cases, and fostering a data-centric, evidence-based culture.
- Best Practices in Agile Project Management:
- Model best practices in agile project management, code development, review, testing, deployment, and monitoring within the Data Science organization.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or a related field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing and deploying machine learning models in a production environment.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Strong focus on data-driven decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to translate business needs into data science questions.
- Expertise in Python and machine learning libraries, including sklearn and TensorFlow.
- Successful deployment of supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning models to production.
- Expert in SQL, Experience with no-SQL and semi-structured data
- Familiarity with natural language processing techniques including modern transformer based LLMs.
- Experience with data science platforms such as Snowflake, Databricks, Sagemaker, MLFlow, AWS EC2, S3, and Spark.
- Statistical Techniques:
- Expert in statistical techniques, including hypothesis testing, experiment design, and online learning.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Communication Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, facilitating effective collaboration and communication across teams.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.