Revenue Accounting Manager
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
Transcarent is seeking a dynamic leader to join the controllership function, supporting the evolving revenue accounting landscape. This role will help support revenue accounting and operations for our many evolving product initiatives. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. Having a strong accounting background of ASC 606, you will support the month end close activities, collaborating with the billing function on system implementation to automate and scale the business.
In this role, you will partner closely with a large team of cross-functional business partners, to develop scalable accounting operation solutions for month-end close activities. You will couple strong business acumen with your accounting background and your excellent communication skills to provide sound advice to your business partners. You excel in problem-solving, leading automation projects, recommending solutions, and thinking strategically on a process level, while always anchoring your solutions based on a robust understanding of the details. You are experienced in moving fast while solving problems in a scalable way.
What you’ll do:
- Establish and maintain an accurate and timely month-end close process for revenues
- Develop robust accounting processes and controls for new products, and maintain and improve existing processes and controls for existing products.
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal revenue recognition policies
- Support legal, sales and deal desk teams during deal negotiations.
- Coordinate with sales and legal team post-deal negotiations to monitor revenue accounting impact
- Partner with product engineering on testing and delivery of system solutions
- Ensure compliance with key control objectives in the revenue accounting cycle
- Supporting ad-hoc accounting projects and analysis as required, including data analysis and management reporting, design of accounting operational processes, business processes, close efficiency improvements, automation, etc.
- Support detective controls and analytical review of revenues
Your skills include:
- 7+ years of experience in accounting or finance
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent professional experience
- Technical accounting knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience in digital healthcare
- Experience with US GAAP and internal control best practices
- Experience creating accounting memos and process documentation
- Experience operating with a high degree of autonomy
- Experienced with Excel
- Experience with developing robust accounting processes and controls for new products and improving existing process for highly scaled products
- Experienced in communicating with a cross functional and internal audience with an experience distilling complex concepts and analysis into concise actionable conclusions
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
Something looks off?