Senior Director, Total Rewards and People Operations
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
We're looking for an experienced and proven leader to join as our Senior Director of Total Rewards and People Operations. Reporting to our Chief People Officer, you will drive Transcarent’s success by bringing your compensation and benefits expertise to our HR leadership team and helping us scale. You will utilize and combine your prior high growth company experience, quantitative rigor, business mindset, and communication skills to understand our business priorities, oversee and evolve our internal HR processes and platforms, design optimal total rewards programs, and align with our performance management practices. You will be a trusted advisor to our C-suite and a critical leader in the Human Resources team.
- Drive Transcarent’s Compensation and Total Rewards philosophy and practices; ensure alignment with our rapid business growth and People team priorities.
- Drive analytical rigor and deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing programs; establish and drive key metrics including usage, engagement, and cost analyses.
- Innovate and react quickly as business and market realities change, staying up to date on best practices and trends; ensure compliance with applicable legislation.
- Lead change management and communications of Total Rewards philosophy and practices with managers, team members, and across the People Team.
- Lead the team through regular benchmarking cycles to analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and best practices to create market competitive reward packages.
- Drive our Benefits, Compensation, and Operational approach as related to both organic and in-organic growth of our company.
- Lead our People Operations team to enable programs and projects scale in the most impactful and sustainable way.
- Lead all aspects of our HRIS systems and processes that may include evaluation and implementation of other systems and tools, optimization of HR workflows, and business system adoption.
- Build strong partnerships with the HRBP, Talent, Payroll, Legal, Stock, Finance and Accounting teams as well as our 3rd party vendors.
- Strategize with the Talent Acquisition team to develop competitive offers rooted in market data and aligned with our compensation philosophy for new hires and existing employees.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 10+ years’ experience in Compensation and Benefits, including Equity design, planning, M&A, Benefits leadership, and evolving strategies due to acceleration of the organization.
- Extensive exposure to building and successfully executing Compensation, Total Rewards strategies for hyper-growth technology companies.
- Track record of effectively partnering with a Board/Compensation Committee as well as internal senior stakeholders. Deep analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and ability to build and manage budgets, models, etc.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects with a strong operational background.
- Proven record in strategy and execution of People Operations including HRIS and processes.
- Hands-on leader. You're resourceful, forward-thinking, drawn to building from ambiguous and unsolved problems and have an "own the outcome" mindset.
- Influence and partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, able to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders on key Compensation and Benefits topics. You excel at openness and flexibility with internal clients, balanced with maintaining consistency in Total Rewards philosophies and practices.
- You devote time to and are passionate about educating, mentoring and teaching partners the values and business impact behind total rewards and comprehensive HR processes.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
Something looks off?