Director of Continuous Improvement and Innovation
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
Your Role and Impact
Transcarent is looking for a Director of Continuous Improvement & Innovation to drive relentless improvement of our company operations that results in lasting quality gains and cost reductions. With a deep understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles, you will scope, design and build workflows that identify waste and improve both the physician and patient experiences. These enhancements will have a material impact on the long-term success of Transcarent and our ability to scale. You will be a subject-matter expert, trusted advisor and a catalyst for change, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization.
What you will do
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues
- Identify, measure and bring forward metrics to measure process quality and efficiency
- Provide simulation analysis to determine cost-effective solutions while ensuring optimization of operational efficiency
- Collaborate with clinical operations and product development to prioritize, define and implement changes
- Provide assessment and analysis to executive leadership for strategic planning and business development
- Build utilities and tools for internal use that enable clinic operations to function at a sustainable fast pace and in support of exponential growth
- In collaboration with the Workforce Planning team, ideate, test, measure and execute on new staffing models to lower our service costs while meeting service-level agreements
- Define and champion opportunities for product development that make use of software to standardize, enhance quality and reduce operational costs
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems
What we're looking for
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience driving material and lasting operational improvements for an organization that operates on a national or global scale preferred
- Extensive knowledge of lean principles, tools and techniques to reduce and eliminate waste, operations research principles, leveraging mathematics, software and AI as tools for modeling, standardization and optimization
- Experience collaborating with various functions, partnering with operations teams outside of direct control to deliver results
- Strong analytical, mathematical modeling and problem-solving skills, with an ability to simplify the complex and to identify and focus on what matters most
- Prior evidence delivering results through influence, coaching and collaboration - informing and bringing others along through excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience program managing large-scale projects using change management principles
- Understanding of on-demand operations (e.g., call center or low-latency fulfillment) including workforce management principles, various staffing strategies and sophisticated case-routing techniques
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Lean Sensei, Kaizen certification or Quality Engineer preferred
- Healthcare knowledge and experience preferred
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
Something looks off?