Director, MX Support
Calibrate’s mission is to change the way the world treats weight. We’re defining a new category in metabolic health that mirrors what the research shows—that weight reflects our biology, not our willpower. Our program was designed by world leaders in obesity and nutrition science to improve metabolic health and drive long-term weight loss that’s impactful, realistic, and sustainable. Obesity is America’s underlying pandemic and largest category of chronic disease, and Calibrate is closing the gap in care for 175mm adults in a $600bn market where we spend millions of dollars each year and do not lose millions of pounds.
To bring Calibrate to everyone who needs it, we’re building the first telemedicine business within the healthcare ecosystem, aligning incentives for consumers, doctors, insurers, and pharmaceutical companies. We’ve built a proprietary Vertical Pharmacy Engine to connect our members to the most efficient path to insurance coverage, paving the way for a new model of chronic disease care. Calibrate’s first product, the One-Year Metabolic Reset, brings decades of clinical research directly to consumers through a virtual program combining FDA-approved prescription medication with intensive lifestyle intervention. The 52-week structured program includes biweekly 1:1 video coaching and curriculum that spans classes, recipes, workouts, and more. A purpose-built app enables daily tracking of food, energy level, weight, and bi-weekly goals and helps members interact with their Coaching and Medical teams, while a members’ group and events calendar create additional opportunities to tap into the Calibrate community.
Calibrate’s recently launched Masters Program keeps members engaged and supported in their metabolic health beyond their first year with the same evidence-based approach that defines Calibrate’s One-Year Metabolic Reset, at a lower cost. The result is a program that sustains and builds on members’ results with improved whole-body health that enables them to embrace a new day-to-day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The head of our Member Experience (MX) Support team is an experienced operator who is passionate about creating and delivering best-in-class service and support for valued members. You have experience in designing, building, and managing a multi-channel support organization. You are also an innovative problem solver who drives results through data insights, acts with a sense of urgency, and thrives on leading teams to deliver excellence.
- Develop and utilize innovative, integrated support channels (email, phones, chat, etc) to provide members with highly effective, responsive support, and highest standards of quality in all interactions
- Serve as an internal advocate for our members, translating feedback across channels into actionable insights for leadership & the company
- Build the strategy for our Member Experience with an aim to improve member satisfaction, streamline operations, and scale effectively and efficiently as the business grows
- Establish team SLA’s and build a data-driven culture, establishing a clear framework to measure success
- Manage operational dashboard to track and monitor key business metrics; maintain a high-level view of all open member issues, and present regular updates on open issues
- Manage escalation of critical member issues, collect and synthesize feedback, and work cross-functionally (with Product, Marketing Clinical, Operations, etc.) to drive product enhancements, defect resolution, and continuous improvement
- Hire, develop and mentor Member Experience team members, building a culture of excellence and exceptional member experiences
- Continually seek opportunities to drive operational efficiency and improve both member and employee satisfaction
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Degree in a related discipline
- 10+ years in a member-centric role, including 5+ years in leading scaled customer support teams in a call center environment
- Core competencies include leadership, member relations, service recovery, process management, data analysis, performance metrics, problem solving, effective communication, business acumen, and technical aptitude
- Ability to leverage problem-solving skills to empower others
- Excellent customer management instincts and abilities, strong written and verbal communications, executive level presence and experience in facilitation
- Flexible and organized; flexibility to support change and organization to follow through
- A quick learner and comfortable using a variety of applications and software, such as Zendesk, Google-suite, and Slack
- Previous experience at an early stage startup - not afraid to roll up your sleeves!
At Calibrate, we’re committed to our vision of putting our members and our teammates in control of their health. Some of our benefits for 2023 include:
- Competitive salary with opportunity for equity in an early stage, high growth business
- Generous paid time off, including an all-company holiday over Thanksgiving week
- Calibrate-funded health benefits (medical, dental, vision) - starting at zero cost to you
- Calibrate-paid disability and basic life insurance to give you peace of mind during unforeseen events
- Fertility, gynecology, and wellness support through Carrot Fertility
- Therapy on your time with free access to Headspace and Ginger
- An employee assistance program through Guardian to provide counseling across a range of personal topics
- Remote team with a headquarters in NYC
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave for parents
We’re in it together: We have an audacious mission, and we’re building a lot of things for the first time — from the first DTC pharma business within the healthcare ecosystem to the data infrastructure for providing real-world evidence in the largest category of chronic disease. It takes superpowers to build something simple and intuitive within the complex healthcare market, so we identify and work as a team from our individual points of strength. Not everyone has to be good at everything, but we know that when we harness what we’re each great at, we’re unstoppable.
Small wins create big wins: We ground every experience in optimism, recognizing and celebrating successes along the way. We break projects down into smaller components. And we focus on where we have momentum. We always plan for larger goals with the knowledge that our plans will evolve as we achieve smaller milestones.
You’re in control: While we’re headquartered in New York, we don’t let location stand in the way of the best talent — and from coaches to engineers, many of us are fully remote. Our business is multi-faceted, so each Calibrater is hired to be an expert in their piece of it — in control of their own initiatives, in control of their own impact, and in control of driving their own (real) results.
Real results matter: We’re obsessed with outcomes because when our members win, we win, and the data proves that we’ve built the best metabolic health program on the market. We’re purposeful, optimistic, and relentlessly confident that we can solve the biggest medical issue of the 21st century.
Calibrate is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members. To achieve our mission of changing the way the world treats weight, we are building an environment where every Calibrater can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do the best work of their careers. We value diversity and recruit, hire, and promote individuals solely based on talent, qualifications, competence, and merit. We evaluate candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics as required by law and as a matter of our company values.