Head of Software Engineering
Pangea Money Transfer
About the role
Pangea is hiring a software engineering leader to manage and build our growing engineering team. In this role, you will report to the SVP of Product and Engineering and be responsible for overseeing all software development efforts at the company. Pangea’s platform includes a set of native iOS, Android and Web applications, a core platform based on C#/.NET, and a data platform based in python, with all platforms hosted on AWS. If you have an entrepreneurial passion and are motivated by developing teams that build successful products, then we want to talk to you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a team of directors and managers to effectively execute product roadmaps for Pangea’s consumer remittance product and our data insights platform.
- Collaborate with product leadership to define long term roadmaps to build features that improve user experience and prevent fraud, and create APIs and services that launch new markets and payment methods.
- Build a high-performing, world-class engineering team. You will work closely with Pangea’s HR team to recruit, hire, and onboard top talent.
- Work closely with technical leadership on strategic planning to evolve our architecture, security, and scale without sacrificing product delivery.
- Provide frequent, proactive updates about development initiatives to Pangea’s executive leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 15+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple engineering teams.
- Excellent technical skills across a broad range of full-stack development, APIs, and data architectures.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies and planning tools such as JIRA.
- The ability to learn quickly and work well with others.
- A desire for excellence and strong attention to detail.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in the fintech or payments industry.
- Experience with AWS
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible work schedule (In-office T/W/Th and remote M/F for hybrid-eligible roles)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance including mental health benefits
- 401(k) matching plus a ROTH option (U.S. Based employees only)
- PTO & paid holidays off
- Sabbatical program (for eligible roles)
- Paid parental leave
- DEI groups (B.L.A.C.K. @ Enova, HOLA @ Enova, Women @ Enova, Pride @ Enova, South Asians @ Enova, APEX @ Enova, and Parents @ Enova)
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- Charitable matching and a paid volunteer day…Plus so much more!