Form Health: Director of FP&A
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
FORM is a telemedicine delivered weight loss clinic specialized in helping patients with obesity lose weight and lead healthier lives. Obesity impacts more than 40% of the US adult population, but only about 1% of patients receive medical treatment for their disease. The field of Obesity Medicine is accelerating into a period of extremely rapid growth that will see treatment rates surge toward 65% over the next decade and bring on the largest reallocation of healthcare dollars in the last 50 years. Today, FORM is the only company that can harness this growth to drive patient impact nationwide. We do this by making research-based treatment available to patients through the convenience of telehealth, including long-term care from a physician and dietitian and FDA-approved medication when appropriate.
Founded in 2019, FORM is a venture-backed startup with an experienced team and strong product-market fit. We’re building for growth and are looking for new team members to help us realize our vision to help all patients with obesity lead healthier lives.
Check out our Trustpilot patient reviews to see some resounding patient feedback and you can read about our funding here!
About the role:
We are seeking a FP&A Director who will take ownership of financial models, forecasts, analysis, and business insights. This person will be responsible for managing external relationships with key financial stakeholders including bankers, accountants, tax advisors, and registered agents.
An internal client service model attitude and orientation are a must, as the function regularly partners with other teams towards enabling and achieving company wide goals. You’ll work closely with Operations, Clinical, Sales, and Product.
This candidate will work in Form’s Boston headquarters with some remote work possible.
As FP&A Director, you’ll:
- Generate descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive insights, evaluate results and maintain modeling that meet the needs of the Finance group to support decision making and management of business performance. This will include owning the company operating model.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and develop new/improved metrics, reports and workflows that support the business to make better decisions, measure and control risk, as well as more effectively manage its performance.
- Own the financial aspects of evaluating and developing FORM’s commercial offering.
- Deliver accurate, comprehensive, and timely information regarding E2E month-end results (OPEX, FTEs, etc.).
- Support novel projects and champion ongoing process improvements that drive operating efficiencies.
- Prepare materials and present to the FORM Board of Directors.
- Support future fund raising efforts.
You’ll be successful in this role because you have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Data Analytics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related disciplines; MBA, MSc or other advanced degree is desirable but not required
- A Professional certification (CPA/CMA/CFA) is desirable but not required
- 8+ years experience in finance, investment banking, securities/market analysis and/or similar roles involving substantial modeling and report building, including healthcare financial reporting and analysis
- Experience in BI and AI tools, cost accounting, capital investment, and healthcare/value-based care
- Excellent and proactive communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- An ability to work quickly and change priorities gracefully in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Exceptional attention to detail tied to big picture thinking
- An interest in helping patients by contributing to building a world class business in a competitive space, full of interesting potential and options to be evaluated
- A desire for a dynamic role and keen to progress your career through increased functional and leadership responsibility
- Experience effectively working cross-functionally with internal teams and partners
- High energy and motivation to be part of a startup team
- A strong passion for continuous learning and improvement
More about Form’s benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity in a high growth start-up
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible work schedules and paid time off
- Paid parental leave
FORM’s commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment:
FORM is committed to creating a culture and environment that celebrates diversity and inclusion, while fostering safety and belonging. This extends from our remote patient care to our corporate offices and everywhere in between. We are looking for team members who want to help us further our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts and who share our attitudes for creating an inclusive, safe, and positive work environment.