Polimorphic: Account Executive - Great Lakes
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
Polimorphic is focused on building software for state and local governments so that they can meet the needs of their constituents. We focus on helping municipalities manage their interactions with constituents. Cities today rely on email, decades-old software, and ad hoc, physical file systems to log requests and manage workflows. These existing systems block collaboration between departments, create information silos, and make tasks like collecting payments more difficult.
Government is involved in the most critical aspects of our lives. Yet, when these institutions fail one of us, they fail all of us by undermining our faith in them. When a city is consistently unresponsive to urgent citizen requests regarding clean water, our democracy becomes weaker for all of us. When legacy government CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) systems keep staff from issuing new business licenses, our democracy becomes weaker for all of us. When employment systems go down during a pandemic, preventing citizens from filing for and receiving their unemployment benefits, our democracy becomes weaker for all of us.
Polimorphic is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Account Executive. This is a high-impact role with the potential to have agency over Polimorphic's entire sale's strategy. The AE works closely with the CEO, to co-create the playbook for our end-to-end go-to market strategy, from initial outreach to close. This includes developing prospects in new geographic markets like the Great Lakes and NY/NJ, expanding existing markets in NC and the Midwest, and bringing a high percentage of prospects to close. The AE will also support the continued rollout of our product expansion, including our new AI-powered tools. You will work closely with the Customer Success, Product, and Marketing teams to assist with the development of marketing materials, demonstration tools, and leverage existing customer use cases to support sales.
What you'll be doing
- Lead sales strategy for Polimorphic
- Find the next Polimorphic users across America
- Write RFPs and proposals for potential clients
- Provide product demos to potential leads
- Build relationships with existing users
- Present at city council meetings and conferences (when needed)
- Maintain records within a sales tracking software
- Shape our company's culture as one of our earliest employees. You'll be a champion of our values!
What you'll bring to Polimorphic
- 3-5 years of software sales experience, with at least two years of enterprise sales
- Track record of sourcing and closing large enterprise SaaS contracts
- Skilled at writing RFPs
- High learning agility and passion
- Ability to collaborate with members of technical teams
- Can work independently with great success
- Strong writing skills
- Nice to have: Experience working in local, county, state, or federal government
- Nice to have: Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Nice to have: Comfortable leading sales teams and developing successful GTM strategies
Why you'll love working at Polimorphic
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental insurance
- 401(k) access
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working hours and vacation
- Option to work remotely, preference for North Carolina
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply to jobs when they check every box. So if you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to chat and learn more about what you want to do next in your career.
Polimorphic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.