Carenostics : Healthcare Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
At Carenostics, we're at the forefront of healthcare AI, forging a path to address chronic diseases with transformative solutions. Our work, starting in Chronic Kidney Disease at Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH), has garnered prestigious accolades like the Bio-IT World Innovative Practices Award, placing us in the league of industry giants. We have since rapidly deployed AI solutions for new health systems and diseases like asthma and heart disease.
Our journey, underscored by a robust 2023, boasts of a recently oversubscribed Seed round, impactful partnerships, notably with AstraZeneca, and numerous accolades such as the Digital Health Hub Award. 2022 echoed this success, marking us as Bayer Pharmaceuticals' sole early-stage investment and winners of the coveted NSF SBIR & I-Corps Grants. As we gear up for an accelerated growth phase, we're excited about the immense potential that lies ahead.
At the helm is our CEO, a trailblazer whose leadership has seen the successful launch of 20+ healthcare AI solutions, generating a staggering $5B in revenue and transforming the lives of millions globally. This unparalleled success is amplified by a world-class team with pedigrees from McKinsey, Siemens HealthCare, Amazon, and more. As we stand on the brink of rapid expansion, we invite you to be a part of this exhilarating journey, where each step forward is a leap toward reshaping the healthcare narrative.
Carenostics is seeking an experienced (5+ years) data analyst with a passion for transforming healthcare to join our team (currently 10+ employees) as a Healthcare Data Analyst. This role will work directly with clinicians to develop and validate solutions that will help identify undiagnosed and undertreated patients, especially from traditionally vulnerable populations. The role will include analyzing underlying trends in patient diagnosis treatment and identifying and validating algorithms to help identify and target these individuals to receive the care they need.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to digest complex databases, have data analytic skill sets, and exhibit an adept ability for analyzing healthcare data from EMR and claims data. They will collaborate with internal stakeholders and external clinicians in providing quality, analytics, and business support for both internal stakeholders and our external clients.
What you’ll be doing
- Researching and developing analytical approaches for identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in healthcare data.
- Query, structure, and validating data using SQL
- Assessing business needs, compiling necessary data, and developing dashboards/reports to provide strategic insights for stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Extracting data directly from relational databases, data warehouses, or other data sources using SQL to solve business problems.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities, developing and implementing optimized solutions, and educating stakeholders on new processes.
- Communicating with clinical collaborators on analysis needs and presenting results.
What you’ll bring to Carenostics
- BA / BS in Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of data analysis experience in healthcare data, including EMR and claims data
- Strong SQL coding and database experience
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in analyzing and drawing valuable conclusions from data profiling results
- A high level of organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience working on real-world problems and passion for having a social impact
- Experience developing analytics dashboards (e.g., Looker, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience with managing & developing on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with healthcare data (e.g., EHR, claims, HL7)
Additional desirable qualifications include:
Why you’ll love working at Carenostics:
- You'll earn a competitive salary, benefits, and options at a startup poised for hyper-growth
- Be a key player in our mission-driven company that is tackling one of society’s greatest challenges
- You’ll have access to and work with rich healthcare data from leading institutions for developing solutions with immediate real-world impact on tens of millions of patients
- You’ll work alongside a powerhouse team and be mentored by proven leaders in healthcare, databases, machine learning, and software engineering
- You’ll have opportunities to publish cutting-edge research on novel applications of AI to healthcare in leading journals and conferences (recent paper accepted in NeurIPS this year)
- You can work remotely
- As an early hire, you will have opportunities for rapid upward mobility and be empowered to lead as we scale the data team as Carenostics grows
- You will work directly with clinicians on the interface/workflow and engage with leadership in conversations beyond data science (e.g., commercialization, growth strategy, leading new client deployments)
Learn more about us, our partnerships, and our journey this past year here here.
If you want to be part of our mission to transform healthcare into a data-driven paradigm where decisions to improve lives are driven by insights learned from millions of EHRs and claims, please apply today!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply to jobs when they check every box. So if you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to chat and learn more about what you want to do next in your career.
Carenostics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.