Lifeforce: Health Coach
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2022
REMOTE – LIFEFORCE / FULL-TIME
Midlife isn't what it used to be, and that's a great thing. Our 30’s, 40’s, 50’s+ are now years of growth, achievement, and exploration. Yet, we all still have to navigate changes in physical and mental performance as we age. It doesn’t have to be that way - and we need your help to make it so. Lifeforce (www.mylifeforce.com) makes it easy to understand your body and keep living at your peak. Launched in February 2022, the Lifeforce membership combines everything you need to track your key biomarkers and get the insights, tools, coaching, and clinical expertise to be at your best for yourself and the people you care about. One convenient, integrated solution guiding you to the right health-optimization decisions, at the right time.
Lifeforce was created in partnership with Tony Robbins, Dr. Peter Diamandis, and M13, some of the biggest influencers in the performance medicine and longevity space (Tony and Peter’s recent book on this topic, also called Life Force, is a 2022 NYT best seller). Our model was built alongside scientific advisors from the Cleveland Clinic, Mass General Hospital, Boston University, and Harvard Medical School. After strong traction in our first year, we’re now looking to expand our coaching team. As a Performance Guide, you will work alongside our clinicians to build relationships with our members, understand their unique goals and needs, go above and beyond to solve problems and navigate them smoothly through our process and educate them on how our diagnostic tests, supplements, pharmaceuticals, and expert care combine to support their peak performance. This position represents an amazing opportunity for ambitious performance guides with a passion and gift for delivering high-touch, ongoing member support.
Leverage your experience to be a trusted advisor for our members by:
- Understanding our members' needs through active listening and clear communication.
- Being able to listen, talk, and type all at once through multi-channel communications such as phones, email, and chat.
- Operate from a perspective of truly caring about our members and creating value for them.
- Be available to respond quickly to our members.
- Delighting members by anticipating their needs and going above and beyond to solve problems.
- Build relationships through listening, honesty, and empathy.
- Support members by helping to translate their health and performance plans in a way that they can take practical actions.
- Leverage technology and internal resources to provide data-driven and fact-based information focused on getting to best results for members.
- Influence member behavior by educating members, providing options, and assisting with navigating their performance journey.
- Use problem-solving and critical thinking capabilities to identify and understand the barriers members are negotiating.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the products, services, and options available to members.
- Excellent follow-up and time management skills, ensuring that members are receiving scheduled follow-up communications that align with their performance goals.
- NBHWC or HCTP certification, or other reputable credentials preferred prior experience with Zendesk experience is desired but not required.
You Will Love This Job If:
- You are dedicated to improving the quality of life of members by providing above-and-beyond, personalized, patient-centered support.
- You are passionate about performance optimization, nutrition, health, and wellness.
- You are excited by problems and try to solve them with creative, elegant, and simple solutions.
- You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work and if they can work better.
- You value collaboration and feedback. You can communicate your views in clear terms — to your peers as well as outside of your immediate team.
- You are willing and able to help your teammates grow by demonstrating best practices, providing (and receiving) respectful and constructive feedback, and sharing your unique insights with everyone.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals.
- You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and have a positive attitude about tackling challenging problems in an important industry.
- You’re a happy warrior - as long as you’re in a great environment with intelligent, caring people all working together toward a common aim, you’re comfortable working hard.
- You’re wired for learning and change, not being afraid to fail.
- You leverage your agility and strong collaboration mindset to drive successful outcomes in your work-we are a new organization with a start-up mentality.
- Thinking about the big picture is vital for you, but YOU sweat the details.
- You are comfortable engaging via phone, email, and/or chat while maintaining a confident, professional, and kind demeanor that respects the member's journey at all times
You Should Get In Touch If:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a health coaching role (remote strongly preferred) Tier 2 customer support, or a similar role providing high-touch customer support.
- You are interested and knowledgeable about the healthcare, wellness, fitness, or nutrition industries.
- You have a knack for quickly acquiring proficiency in technology, such as laptops, software applications, phone systems, etc.
- You thrive in a performance-based high-touch service environment (preferably with an inbound/outbound telephonic component). You have a high level of emotional intelligence (EQ). You communicate clearly and effectively in all forms of communication including emails, texts, phone conversations, and messaging apps.
- You are a creative problem solver who approaches all challenges with curiosity.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced atmosphere, working with all levels of the organization.
- Strong time management skills and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- You are open to a fully-remote role, with a 5% travel expectation.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to make a positive impact in people’s lives in a breakout sector.
- The ability to work alongside world experts in health optimization, longevity, and performance.
- Generous benefits package including Healthcare, Dental and Vision.
- Ability to create the culture of the organization as an early leader.