Head of Growth
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
WorkMade is an automated banking and tax app built for freelancers and 1099 workers. We take the tedious tasks that freelancers are typically not savvy in –– and generally don’t want to deal with –– and get them done hassle-free. We started WorkMade to help bridge the gap between the security of a full-time job and the freedom of being self-employed. We just closed our seed round and are backed by: Slack Fund, M13,1517 &Vitalize.
We have just finished raising our seed round and have had tremendous early traction. We are looking to hire a Head of Growth, a savvy growth marketer with an exceptional track record of success who will play a significant role in helping us get from 0-1 and beyond. Our ideal candidate enjoys building, and being hands-on, and is enthusiastic about playing the role of a leader and a doer
As Head of Growth, you will own growth initiatives and develop and execute WorkMade’s marketing strategy. You will leverage your expertise in planning, managing and executing campaigns that will help the company acquire more qualified users, better understand the needs of our current users and reduce acquisition costs.
You'll be joining a smart and collaborative team, working directly with our founders, product and marketing leaders, and WorkMade's creative/ brand team. Although there are no direct reports for this role at this time, we expect this to change over the next 9-18 months. In the meantime, you will have access to freelance support to support growth initiatives.
This is a US-based remote role.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and define growth strategies in collaboration with the founders.
- Oversee programmatic marketing efforts across social, search, and more.
- Own analytics and prepare weekly reports for all-hands meetings.
- Analyze data full-funnel to find opportunities for scaling and decreasing acquisition costs and finding and nurturing the right users.
- Help establish our niche audiences and find the best ways to reach them.
- Develop and test innovative growth strategies.
- Work towards our goals of building strong organic growth engines.
- Strategize retention and engagement initiatives for existing users with the product team.
- Stay current on industry trends and emerging technologies to ensure the marketing team leverages the most effective methods.
What you bring to the role:
- Growth marketing experience at an early-stage tech startup — ideally, you’ve worked for an app that serves self-employed people.
- We don’t care about your degree but would love to hear about what you’ve built or scaled!
- Strong analytics skills and experience using full-funnel data to inform strategies & decision-making.
- Ability to pull insights from data stored in data warehouses using SQL or equivalent programming language.
- Proven success in developing and executing successful marketing campaigns across digital channels and finding product-market fit.
- Strong project management skills - we need someone who enjoys carrying multiple quick-moving projects.
- Comfortable managing and collaborating with people — agencies, freelancers, media partners, creators, etc.
- Enjoys playing both the role of a leader and a doer.
- You may be required to give direction to an agency partner in one moment and set up and launch email campaigns in another.
- Ability to both ideate and execute out-of-the-box marketing strategies.
- Understanding of SEO
- Previous self-employment experience is a bonus!
This position offers a competitive salary and equity.
100% medical coverage + dental, vision, and life insurance included.
We are an all-remote team stretching across the country (and the world.)
WorkMade is a dynamic and fast-paced work environment where you can have a lot of ownership of your work.
If you are a strategic thinker and doer who wants to make an impact, we encourage you to apply.
See more open positions at M13 Company
Something looks off?