Operations Manager - EU
Lunar Outpost is building industry leading capabilities, with offices on three continents, and multiple missions to the Moon. In Luxembourg, Lunar Outpost EU is focused on thermal control and energy storage technologies to allow vehicles and infrastructure to survive the harsh conditions of space. The Operations Manager role at our European branch will be pivotal in ensuring that the company stays on track to achieve its goals by carrying out day-to-day operations and helping to create long-term operational initiatives. This role will require someone with a diverse skillset who can collaborate with executives, managers, engineers, human resources, IT, and finance to optimize company cost, quality, and performance of Lunar Outpost EU.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support engineering teams and tie their technical goals to company objectives.
- Help develop and implement HR policies in accordance with Luxembourgish laws.
- Coordinate full-cycle recruitment activities (from job posting through the offer stage).
- Aid accounting and financial responsibilities, including management of bookkeepers and accountants, tax filing, and financial modelling.
- Serve as the key point of contact for office management when needed, including maintenance and repair, office deliveries, equipment purchasing, and IT infrastructure.
- Create, monitor, and maintain the tracking and reporting of key metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency if needed
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- Experience working in aerospace or start-up field in Luxembourg.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Other languages also helpful, especially French and German.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Familiarity with business and financial principles