Business Development and Government Relations Lead - AU
This role is for the individual that recognizes the unique potential of space and wants to be instrumental in converting that into opportunities for our talented team. This position centers around identifying, pursuing, and capturing new business for Lunar Outpost Oceania, especially in the commercial, civil and defense space sectors. It will require a motivated and driven leader to secure new business opportunities, while communicating and collaborating with a wide variety of individuals both internal and external to the company.
This position starts with understanding Lunar Outpost Oceania’s long and short-term goals and interfacing with company leadership to develop a strategy that drives us to those goals. It extends into leading capture efforts to secure new contracts, re-compete contracts, and ensuring positive business relationships. This will include developing an understanding for each effort and tailoring the approach necessary to the specific target within the abundance of diverse opportunities present in the New Space industry. This includes collaborating with industry partners, stakeholders, decision makers, customers, and internal personnel to enhance the probability of capture success. As capture lead, you will also be involved with creating and improving business development processes and related areas to make future success more likely.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or Business field
- 5+ years of experience in business development, government relations, or related field, with a focus on the Australian market.
- Experience performing contract capture in the Australian Aerospace and/or DoD ecosystems
- Prior knowledge and experience in the RFP process
- Demonstrated success winning contracts
- Knowledge of government policies and regulations that impact our organization's operations in Australia.
- Self-motivated, focused, and driven to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- AU Citizen
- Previous experience in a leadership role performing contract capture
- Deep knowledge of aerospace and/or technology industries and market with existing contact network
- Previous experience in a systems integration program
- Contract negotiation or positioning experience
Lunar Outpost is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against protected characteristics (gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.) We want all employees (including executives and HR) to treat others with respect and professionalism.