Senior Vice President of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2022
Hey there, welcome to Foxtrot.
We’re the digitally-native evolution of the corner store—the one-stop-shop for those seeking thoughtful food experiences that are a reflection of themselves and their city. We offer a handpicked curation of daily essentials in-store and delivered in as little as 30 minutes, via our app and website.
Alongside our investors like Almanac Insights, Momofuku founder David Chang, Sweetgreen co-founder/co-chief executive officer Nicolas Jammet, and most recently D1 Capital Partners, we’re building an omni-channel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our storefronts offer the most-loved aspects of the neighborhood: beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of locally-sourced coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax in, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day. And all in a space that joins mindful people, brands, and goods to create a community of discovery and joy. And our swift app and online store further highlight the Foxtrot experience, delivering a new kind of convenience that brings the store straight to your door.
Since launching in 2013, we now operate in Chicago, DC, Dallas, and Austin, rapidly scaling nationwide.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a Senior Vice President (SVP) of Marketing - this is a transformative role for the Company that will ultimately define our future. The most-ideal candidate will be passionate, if not fanatical, about building a brand, creative and daring, strategic and effective to translate big ideas into results. A leader with proven experience in thinking social- and digital-first, but grounding that disruptive approach with distinct experiences within our stores and our communities.
Brand Strategy & Creative:
- Uncover, nurture and deeply-develop Foxtrot’s brand identity and strategy; act as a brand evangelist for external partners, embodying and articulating the brand’s ambition, range and authority.
- Express the Foxtrot brand through storytelling, community-building, and the full customer experience; communicate our value proposition across all touch points.
- Internally, be a source of inspiration for our teams, pushing operational, merchandising, and tech teams to always be brand-first in their thinking, and grounded in our core strengths.
- Commit to quantitative and qualitative customer insights to continually impact the ongoing conversation between our brand and its audiences, thus deliver campaigns that create attraction and stickiness.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of existing/emerging consumer and cultural trends, and use those to influence evolution at Foxtrot.
- Build, develop and motivate a talented team to be results-driven, agile, future-thinking and inspired - and to feel true ownership in the tactical execution of the brand strategy.
Customer Acquisition / Retention:
- Lead our customer strategy; deeply know who our customer is and what motivates them, ensure the entire company is aligned around and inspired by our customer
- Own top of funnel acquisition, awareness and education, with a focus on leveraging our stores to drive growth, investing in / defining our membership program to drive loyalty and scaling paid media intelligently.
- Cultivate brand affinity, deep customer engagement, and retention through a membership program that is brand-defining.
- Own all cross-channel / omni-channel efforts for cohesiveness and effectiveness, overseeing Foxtrot’s integrated strategy - inclusive of media.
- Partner and collaborate with non-marketing teams across the organization to drive consistency and compel achievement of marketing objectives through store & delivery operations
- Weave together data-driven decision making and inspired creativity
PR, Influencer & Partnerships:
- Lead PR and communications to drive brand storytelling forward - for both consumer and business press.
- Oversee PR agency relationships and strategies, with a focus on crafting the surround sound of buzz and brand relevance against ownable brand tent poles.
- Craft and scale our approach to brand partnerships - touching all sorts of collaborations - from vendor co-branded moments to media / celebrity endorsements.
- Determine which external partners to approach; build the case around how partnerships will extend brand relevance and awareness.
- Make Foxtrot’s social media strategy a core brand expression - exploring possibilities for disruption and leveraging the channel as a strategy - not merely a content feed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 15+ years of marketing experience is required; including scalable experience in omni-channel and national scale brands.
- An influential marketer who is also a hands-on leader who can get into the weeds and execute when needed.
- Must have significant experience in food/fashion/beauty/hospitality/ marketing, expertise in digital and social marketing, emerging platforms, obsessed with data-driven consumer insights, and experience across all marketing touch points with passion for growing a passionate marketing team.
- Must have a passion for food, community-building, and creative storytelling.
- You are a leader who has built, developed and managed high performing teams previously—someone who people want to learn from, work with, and are inspired by.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and be successful in a fast-paced, agile, innovative, and collaborative start-up environment.
- Acute attention to detail, proficiency in creating killer decks, and exceptional “quick to respond” problem solving skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree required ; MBA preferred.
And we couldn’t round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right? Beyond all the coffee you can drink, you’ll also enjoy our comprehensive (and growing) benefits program, 401(k) with an employer match, discounts while shopping, and more!
*certain program & eligibility rules do apply*
Foxtrot is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
See more open positions at Foxtrot
Something looks off?