Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2022
Hey there, we’re Foxtrot.
Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened 20+ retail stores in Chicago, DC Dallas, and Austin, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot's commissary kitchen supports all production and culinary programs for Foxtrot's retail stores across Chicago. Our team is growing and we are looking for a highly organized Receiver to join the team.
The Receiver coordinates with prep teams & supervisors to ensure the flow of inventory and maintain a clean & organized work space.
This role will work at our commissary kitchen at 2136 S. Peoria St. Chicago, IL 60608
Production hours are 6am - 3pm Monday - Saturday. Must be available to work Saturdays & Holidays.
- Check orders that arrive daily
- Coordinate with the prep team on bulk items they need pulled for the day, remove items from shelves and place on carts, ready to use.
- Organize, check and stock all inbound inventory
- FIFO product and check quality of items
- Set up taco assembly
- Manage bread inventory
- Empty trash, breakdown boxes, sweep & mop storage area
- Speak up if there is a quality issue.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Follow all commissary regulations.
- Control and limit waste.
- Communicate problems and ideas to management.
- Follow proper rotation procedures.
- Consistently perform with the utmost sense of urgency.
- Be a team player—support and assist your fellow team members whenever possible.
- Must have the ability to lift equipment, products, and other items weighing up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Must meet local/state food safety certification standards.
- Ability to comply with all sanitation procedures
- Must be able to speak and listen to staff and managers for instructions.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Must have the ability to lift, stoop, and bend.
- Able to work independently
- Weekend and holiday availability
- Must be 18+
And we couldn't round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right?
Medical, Dental & Vision.
Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
401(k) Plan with an Annual Company Match.
Paid Sick Leave.
20% Employee Discount on All Foxtrot Purchases.
Complimentary Family Meal Daily.
Employee Assistance Programs.
Holiday Premium Pay.
Merit Increases & Incentive Pay Programs.
Growth & Advancement Opportunities.
Foxtrot Swag, Fun Product Sampling, Giveaways and more!
1st Shift and no food production on Sunday - majority of commissary team is able to enjoy this day off
Referral bonus program
* program & eligibility rules do apply
Foxtrot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
See more open positions at Foxtrot
Something looks off?